Friday, November 18, 2005

Aaaah, sweet relief!

Woo hoo! Okay, so it took a lot more time than it should have, but I managed to get my presentation and handout finished! My presentation went fairly well; I got good feedback from my professor, and I'm feeling pretty positive about my chances of successfully completing the final project. One thing that confuses me, though, is the fact that I get so nervous presenting something in front of my class of eight people, all of whom I talk to regularly, and yet I never feel nervous when I'm teaching. I don't think I'll ever understand....

In other news, because I was so happy to have finished a major assignment, and because it's getting really cold and I couldn't find a warm scarf in my closet this morning, I knit myself a scarflette/collar thingy this evening!

Me and My Collar

It was semi-inspired by the Alpaca Warmer pattern at Knitpixie, but I can't find the pattern right now for linking. My other inspiration was Jennifer's awesome version with cables.

I started a warmer awhile back, but when I was reading blogs at work this morning, that photo reminded me that I never finished! So I decided to try something new for me, and just make a pattern myself. I knit this in garter stitch on the bias, which made a neat texture.

Texture Up Close

The yarn is Knit Picks Panache in Dusk, and I used US 11 needles, so it worked up super quickly. It was a fun project, because not only did I get to figure out knitting on the bias, but I got to learn how to make a buttonhole! There was no button on the inspiration, but I thought it would be handy.

I'm excited to have a new warm alpacay/cashmerey scarfy thing to wear now that we keep dipping below freezing! Of course, the downside to a fun pretty soft useful project is that now I have to add this to my list of gifts to make people for Christmas! The upside, of course, is that I have something nice and quick to make for people.

Hope you all have a great Friday! I'm planning on finishing up Spherey. And in response to a comment I got on my last post, the reason I manage to get all of this done is that I simply don't clean my apartment! I'm not sure it's a good idea, but I enjoy myself....

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

No doubt you also pull a few all-nighters to get everything done.

The button adds the perfect touch to the scarf/collar...very pretty!

8:30 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

love LOVE it and the button is awesome - look at you accessorizing!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home