Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Wow, it's really an update!

I can't believe it's been almost three weeks since I've updated. Sorry! Non-crafty life caught up with me (thanks a lot, school), and my best friend/long time roommate Heather had a week off from school to come back for a visit! It was a nice week, although I procrastinated A LOT! Of course, that means I have fininshed objects to show everyone, and it also means that I'm playing catchup and am trying not to do things like knit instead of doing homework and washing dishes. Anyway, back to the FOs!

Here's Branching Out:

Branching Out

I used size 8 Addi Turbos and maybe half a hank of Knit Picks Gossamer in Caribbean. I don't remember how many pattern repeats I did, but it's relatively short, since I wanted it to be more of a dressy scarf than a warmth scarf.

Of course, it's blocking in the picture, so it's not quite that stretched out off the pins. The edges aren't straight, but that's on purpose. I like it, and now I'm working on more lace.

I also finished a One Skein Wonder for Hannah, just in time for her birthday. Here's a pic:

Hannah's One Skein Wonder

I made it with size 8 Addi Turbos and size 5 Susan Bates circulars, and thanks to the lace, I think I've been able to tighten up my purls a bit and loosen up my knits, so it's a bit more even than Heather's. I didn't get the sleeves perfectly even, but that makes it unique, right?

And now, the homework needs finished and the dishes need washed. And yes, Heather, I typed that just to drive you nuts. Because you really need driven nuts, right? **insert evil laughter**

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, you enjoy driving me nuts. How sweet. (I know you're just kidding. I think. :)

All your projects look great! Thanks for letting me help you block--it was fun. And I know Hannah will appreciate her OSW.

I had so much fun last week, and I can't wait to come home again. I'm not really myself when I'm not there. Talk with you soon!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

Branching out looks so great! I'll have to make one for sure now. I like how the edges are wavy too. What's the new lace?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Your branching out looks great. I love the yarn, and the wavy border is perfect. I can't wait to see it in person someday.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Glad you're back. The scarf is beautiful and your friend will love the shrug.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your branching out is so neat looking. I love the striping pattern. The colors are just perfect for that pattern. Hope to see you wear it at the next Knit Night. Or you could just bring it. I would LOVE to see it in person. So pretty!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home