Friday, October 07, 2005

I'm impressed

So, my friend Sarah learned to knit last weekend, and she's working on her first ever project: a *cabled* scarf! It impressed the pants off of me, as they were completely even, and so were all of her stitches. I'd like to try Libby's Cabled Clutch pattern sometime, but we'll see how that turns out.

I'm excited by how many of my friends are learning to knit; it's nice to be able to share my crafty passion with other people! I even got Heather to pick up some needles earlier this year! Although after the great afghans she's crocheted, I'm not surprised she took to knitting so quickly as well.

In other news, I started a new crocheted preemie hat last night, based on this hat pattern suggested on the Preemie Project mailing list. I should get it finished this afternoon, at which point I'll post a picture. I'm using white Microspun, because I've got a ton of it, and I'm trying to think of a way to incorporate some bright colors. Maybe a pom-pom? But then I'd have to use a different type of yarn for the pom-pom, because I don't think Microspun's unravely nature would work out for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Wow, a cabled scarf for her first project--no fear! And, no stopping her now.

I think you would do a good job on the cabled clutch. Also, can't wait to see the hat you're working on.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Do not fear the cable stitch. I'm sure that you would do a great job. If you are worried about your purl stitches being uneven - the Cabled Clutch is knit with rope so mistakes disappear. You could also alter the pattern and knit it in the round. I could help change it if you are ever interested.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home