Friday, September 09, 2005

Lots of Stuff Today

Eat your heart out, Martha.

Do you ever have days where you fee like a Super Woman? I had one today. I woke up shortly after the sun did, ate a hot breakfast (unusual for me), went to work for five hours, came home, rolled out pastry that I pre-made last night, made a delicious savory pie filling (cheese, potatoes, onions), finished a hat for the Preemie Project, sent out an RAOK and Heather's One Skein Wonder, went back downtown to donate blood, came back home, baked 24 mini-pies, went to a potluck, and then came home and started a scarf for a swap. And I'm not even tired.

I essentially owe my sucess to Nigella. Her book How to be a Domestic Goddess really made me feel like a successful domestic goddess. Especially because I came home from the potluck with empty plates.

Enough about food, here's some yarn.

Scarf Swap Sneak Peak

That's (some) of the yarn I got in the mail today for the Scarf Swap over at Crochetville. It's delicious. And I'm not telling what it is till my partner gets her scarf :) We'll just say that I can't stop petting it. And wanting to keep it for myself, which tells me that I found a good yarn.

And how about some hats?

Preemie Hat

I adapted Yarncat's Amelia hat to a preemie size, and unlike many crocheted hats, it's really stretchy. I made a (full size) one for myself last fall, and I really liked it.

Pumpkin Hat

And that's a pumpkin hat for the Preemie Project. I don't remember what pattern I got the series of decreases from, but I just cast on some multiple of 8 and went around for awhile until it was a few inches tall, and then decreased across 8(?) rows, and finished with green i-cord.

And now, the finished One Skein Wonder.

One Skein Wonder Front

Front

One Skein Wonder Back

and Back. I just barely remembered to take photos before I mailed it. (While I felt like Super Woman, it was still a rather hectic day.)

I've got more gorgeous yarn pics to share, but that'll wait, I've taken up enough of your bandwidth already.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Wow, what a day you had!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

I should say you are a superwoman. And you make your own pastry dough. Color me impressed.

Those hats are very cute. I really like the way the crocheted baby hats look.

Too bad about our Hawks this weekend.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

awww pumpkin hat is lovely!! I want to make a strawberry hat some day x)

hugs,
Veronica

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hokey Pete Batman!

You had quite a day! Congratulations to you! Your creations look fabulous!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

it all looks awesome! btw, great multi-tasking! i love nigella too!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so funny. I CANNOT believe that you weren't tired after all of that. WOW!

Cute hats! Oh and your OSW turned out great too. I SO want one for myself. If I only had the time!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home