Saturday, October 15, 2005

Any suggestions for a title?

Last night I crocheted up a square for a comfortghan while I watched Pride and Prejudice. It was very nice; I had promised myself that when I got my apartment clean, I could watch it. Of course, my apartment's not 100% clean, but I also didn't watch 100% of the movie, mostly because I was tired.

I don't have any pictures to share of the square right now, as I'm at work. It's pretty boring, although there are lot of people around because it's Family Weekend. The worst thing about working football Saturdays is that I don't get to watch the game, and we don't have a radio or anything, so I don't know what the score is. Fortunately, Mom and Dad both said they'd try to call and give me an update while I'm stuck here.

Now, for a photo. At the end of July, my sister had a baby girl, Ainsley, who was put into the NICU because she passed out. They did an MRI and saw some suspicious things in her brain, although everyone was very fuzzy about what was really going on. Here's a picture of Ainsley at the hospital:

Ainsley Grace NICU

Well, she's been doing quite a bit of growing, as infants are wont to do, and now she looks like this (thanks, Mom!):

Ainsley Older

Cute as a button! Now I've just got to make some baby sweaters. I'm waaaay behind. But don't worry, I've got a plan. My secret pal sent some great yarn in her last package, and I think I'll be putting some of it to good use soon!

**Edit** I forgot to mention that Ainsley went in for a checkup last week, and they think she's doing just fine! There's some fluid in her head that technically shouldn't be there, but she's not getting any worse, and they think her development is normal. She goes in again on Halloween, and maybe there'll be more information then.

6 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

"Isn't She Lovely" is a good title and yes, she is.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Your niece is adorable!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Your niece is such a cutey... I love being an aunt. Hopefully I'll be seeing you at a Knit Night soon.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWW how CUTE! She is adorable. I can see why you have such a personal reason for volunteer for TPP. She is just darling.

We missed you tonight. Hope that you fixed the brakes in your car. Sounds like no fun. Hope to see you again really soon.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute baby! I can't wait to see baby sweaters on her!

- MJ

5:26 PM  
Blogger Kellycat said...

My gosh were you blessed with a cute neice! I can imagine you'll be making her lots of cute things to wear in no time. Happy to hear that she is ok. Your blog really had me worried for a minute there.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home