Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thanks, Secret Pal!

Wow. Wow! I totally forgot my Secret Pal said my package should get here today. So I struggle off of the bus, backpack around one elbow (really, it's, um, comfortable that way), folders and notebooks that wouldn't fit in the pack in the crook of my other elbow, talking on the phone with my sis. Then I managed to pull my keys out of my pocket with my left hand (which is unheard of for me, I've got lots of wacky idiosyncrasies), got my mail, and started up the stairs. And then I remembered, and there it was, waiting outside my door! And now, a picture.

Secret Pal Stuff

How lucky am I? My secret pal thinks she "may have gone overboard," well, I'd say so, the box wanted to explode as I was opening it! I'm just giddy with excitement. And I got really great yarn, too!

Well, it wasn't all yarn. I got an awesome hook roll, shown on the left. It's toile! And it's beautiful. I can't wait to get organized and get stuff in there. Then there's some really neat Classic Elite Flash, it's the purple/fuschia marled cotton. It looks just like the Lorna's Laces colorway Laura was knitting socks out of the other day. Above that, you'll see some "Cashmere Luxury Chunky" in three warm colors. I don't know what it'll become, but it's so deliciously soft that I know I'll use it soon.

There's also some peach Red Heart LusterSheen, which I've never seen before; it's really soft, and I've recently gotten into working with lighter weight yarns. There's also some Bernat Cottontots, which will make some nice spring hats/blankies for The Preemie Project. There's some Fun Fur, which I've never worked with before. It's a lovely silvery grey color, and I'm thinking about making a scarf with it. And last, but certainly not least, five balls of Bernat Love Bug cotton in lavendar. Now, I've never seen this yarn, but it's exactly what I've been looking for to make a baby sweater out of for my niece. And with that much, I'm sure there'll be enough!

I also got a lovely note from my Secret Pal, who is worried about the package's delay. Well, don't worry! I'm just so happy to be participating, and I completely understand that life gets in the way sometimes. I just can't get over what a box of yarn that was! And I know I've never mentioned this, but I love toile. Here's a close up:

Hook Roll Closeup

It has sheep! Toile with sheep, what a present! Thanks again, Secret Pal!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

What a haul! I've never seen the Bernat Love Bug cotton either. I'm interested to hear how you like it.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toile is so pretty... I have a thing for it as well! Your secret pal is really sweet. So much yarny goodness!

- MJ

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a stab in the dark with the toile, but it seems you are a woman after my own heart. I LOVE toile! If I had my way I would wrap myself in it everyday. Glad you got the package. Enjoy!

Your Secret Pal

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home