Monday, August 29, 2005

Preemie Project Update and a Cozy

Two things today! First off, I got to meet Laura of The Preemie Project, as well as Libby, Debbie, MJ, Lin, and Linda, who were all extremely nice. I also got to see and touch all of the beautiful things the volunteers sent in; everything was so beautiful! I can't wait to finish more hats, booties, and blankies for the next donation.

Then, this evening, I came back and worked up Amy's Powerbook Cozy. I tested the pattern for her, and was pleased to see that it fits an iBook comfortably, too. Here's a photo (the colors blend better in person):

Amy's Powerbook Cozy

I think it turned out really well, and it's going to be a gift for Heather. Her new iBook needs some lovin'.

This was the first time I've tested a pattern, and it was a neat experience. The pattern was well written and easy to follow. I don't know when it'll be available for purchase, but it's a great pattern. Keep checking Amy's blog if you're interested.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in to see what you have been doing. Expect a package soon, I am putting it in the mail tomorrow.

Your Secret Pal

8:12 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Wish I could have been at Laura's to meet everyone. Great job on the Powerbook cozy.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Love your Powerbook cozy. The Landscapes yarn looks fabulous in that pattern. It was really nice meeting you yesterday.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was SO nice to meet you! Glad that you were able to make it. Thanks for all of the tips on spreading the word about the project. I'm working on signing up with 10,00 hours right now. YEA!!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger sara said...

I love the yarn! What is it?

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home