Friday, September 02, 2005

School Takes Over

Gah! I always forget how busy I am during the semester until the next one rolls around. And this semester, I even have fewer classes than I've ever had before! Fortunately, they're all interesting, it's just a lot of work. Yesterday I worked on this hat as stress relief:

Almost Pumpkin Hat

This is supposed to be a pumpkin hat for The Preemie Project. Of course, I forgot to switch to a different color for the stem, oops, so I'll have to rip back and fix it. Of course, I've never ripped back anything knitted in the round with decreases. I'll probably just go back to a row before the decreases so that I know where I'm at.

I am very excited that I learned a new technique while working on this hat. I had tried DPN's before, and they worked alright, but not fantastically. So this time, I went with Magic Loop Knitting. I used the video over at KnittingHelp.com, since the other instructions I tried to use left me with a tangled mess. It worked really well, and I didn't get frustrated at all (after the first attempt). Now I'll have to go check out the videos for changing colors while knitting, so that I can put a stem on the hat.

I also ordered some yarn for the Winter Scarf Swap over at Crochetville. My swap partner is from up north, which rocks, because I love making warm, squishy scarves. I'm not going to reveal too much, because I would like the scarf to be a semi-secret, I'll post some close ups when I get the yarn. I can't wait!

I also ordered some sale Blue Sky Alpacas Cotton yarn. I've never used it before, but I've heard good things about Knit Pixie, and I had a coupon. Can't go wrong with a coupon and sale yarn, right? I don't like to buy yarn without having a project in mind, but I've got to admit I don't really know what I'm going to do with this. I'm thinking some spring preemie caps, but cotton's not too stretchy. Maybe a scarf or wrap for myself? It seems like I always intend to make myself a wrap or a shawl, and it never happens, but who knows?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Love the little pumpkin hat! It even looks good with the orange stem.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home