Sunday, September 04, 2005

One Skein Wonder in Progress

So, after feeling a bit of stash building remorse over that cotton I got on sale, I decided I should use it as fast as possible. Because then the purchase would be justified, right? Fortunately, there's just enough in a hank for a One Skein Wonder, so I'll be making some of those. Here's an in progress photo of the first, for Heather 'cause it's blue.

One Skein Wonder

Next up, one in green for Heather's sister, the ballerina, whose kitty is dying, and whose two older sisters are now both out of the state. I'm hoping to have it done soon, and may even (gasp) start it before the blue one is completely finished.

We'll see how quickly it gets done, though, because one of my classmates has offered to pay, yes, pay me to crochet her a fall shawl. I'm working up some swatches so that she can pick out a stitch pattern, and I'm going to show her some yarn to pick from. Once I know the yarn and stitch, I've got to come up with how much to charge, which will be the hard part. I don't want to devalue my work, but I also know that there's only so much people will pay for stuff.

Unless, apparently, you're me. I felt a bit ashamed the other day as I filled out Crochet Me's Reader Survey. One of the questions asked how much you'd spent on yarn in the last 12 months. Now, I'm a college student, so I really shouldn't be spending that much on yarn, right? That's what I thought until I added it all up and realized it placed me in the highest category *blush.* I felt a bit better once I thought of all of the things I've made, and that one of my friends has spent more than that amount on comic books in the last nine months, but still. I guess that's what induced the OSW frenzy. Plus, they're cute. And it meant I got to buy a new circular knitting needle (size 5). Although I guess that's a bit counterintuitive.

And now, dear readers, I have to go gussy myself up for a wedding reception. The wedding was this morning, at 6:30 am. Don't worry, I took a nap. Instead of doing my homework. Or cleaning my apartment. C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home