Sunday, August 21, 2005

Crochet Content (at last!)

Amazing, but true, I've finished something. And within an hour of starting it, too!

After work today, my brain was mushy feeling, so I decided to re-engage it by crocheting. I whipped up an iPod mini Cozy using Knit Picks Andean Silk Twist in Sunset. When I saw the color online (and even in the ball), the darker brownish gold seemed like it didn't fit at all, but once you work the yarn up, it's lovely. Here's the pic:

iPod mini Cozy

I just crocheted a rectangle in half-double crochets, and before it was the height I wanted it, I sewed up my seams and joined so that I could do a row of hdc's in the round, which I topped with one round of hdc's alternating front loop/back loop only (a la Yarncat's Amelia Flapper Hat. Then I braided three strands of the Andean Silk in Bluebell, tied the ends into tassels, and wove the strip of yarn through the "ribs" of the alternating loop hdc's. Then I tied a bow, 'cause I'm dorky like that. The ribbing makes the cozy tighten around the top of the iPod mini, and the braided yarn makes sure it won't be falling off.

And now, of course, I'm all set for school to start tomorrow. Except that I still have to write lesson plans for the next couple of weeks and find a textbook for one of the classes I'm taking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute ipod cozy! Welcome to The Preemie Project! I'm going to send you an email in a few minutes to explain a few more things to you. I want you to be as in the loop as everyone else.

Again it's SO GREAT to have you with us. I look forward to meeting you on Sunday. Please let me know if you need directions to my house. I'd be happy to help!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home