Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Haircut, and a Photo of Me

So today I got a haircut, and also a request for a photo of it. As there was some uncommonly lovely indirect natural light in my bedroom, I thought I'd best take some photos and see if one in 65 could be it... the photo I could post. I came up with this:

Me, and a Haircut

Got it cut at Great Clips, and I had a coupon, so I saved even more money. I even managed to overcome my inability to make small talk with a hair stylist, and only clammed up when she pulled out the blow dryer. I'm proud of myself, because normally when getting a haircut I talk for like, thirty seconds, and sit there in silence, unable to chat. I even used Heather's trick of asking how long she's been cutting hair (licensed in '83, the year I was born).

For those who don't know of this bizarre twist in my personality, while I am rather chatty and have no problem making small talk with just about anyone I encounter, I cannot make small talk with hair stylists. Seriously, this problem is essentially limited to hair stylists, and I don't know why. Unless I know them outside of the salon-type-world, I sit there in silence while they cut my hair.

To commemorate my continuing lack of finished objects (except some stuff for my Secret Pal which cannot be discussed at this time), I ordered more yarn. But not all of it's for me! Anyway, I still ordered lots for me, without any indication that I'm going to be finishing anything anytime soon.

Now for dinner, maybe Panchero's. If there's one near you, I recommend it wholeheartedly. Founded in the city I live in, this is one restaurant that has shaped my college experience. Seriously. (The other is in Rome, and I'm sure it has no website. If you're planning on going to Rome, take the 75 bus to Fratelli Bonnet, and eat at Pizzeria da Gino, as it is also most highly recommended by me.)

And after dinner? I might [GASP] crochet a little. While it's probably not going to be done in time, I'm going to try to finish that capelet before I have to go to a wedding next weekend. I've, um, swatched. That's it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Veronica said...

very cute! I donĀ“t know how you looked before x) but I like it this way!
thanks for leaving a message on my blog!
<3

8:20 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Cute. Gotta love a deal on a haircut. I'm so bad at small talk with strangers, and always find that the stylist will inevitably decide to start the conversation once the hair dryer is on.

Pancheros is my favorite and a staple of our diet. It's my hub's favorite thing about IC.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Megan, I' came to your blog through your post on the Preemie Project group, welcome! I'm exactly the same way with hair stylists, I can not for the life of me carry on a conversation with them, though they're always lovely people. I just figure I'm giving them a break from having to be chatty with all of their clients, like I'm doing them a favor really.

I love your iPod cozy! I've been wondering what that yarn looked like, it's hard for me to picture it from the website.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home