Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Too Much Repetition

And no, I'm not talking about a boring pattern. I'm talking about my own writing. I've known for quite awhile that I have a tendency to use the same words again and again. But I seriously just sent an email to someone using repetitive phrasing and the word "right" twice in one sentence. Of course, I didn't read through the email before I sent it. I do think that I need to work on this, though, as I'll be teaching writing this year. Any of you dear readers might have noticed that my writing tends to be in a conversational style. I'm capable of academic writing, but time will tell if I can teach it.

And now, back to crochet. Or rather, knitting, because I'd like to post a picture of a swatch I knitted up last week.

Swatch and Sheepie

The yarn is Andean Silk Twist in Sunset, and I ordered it to be one in a series of colors of a striped sweater I'm planning on knitting. I wanted to see how it looked actually knitted, and I was really pleased with it. It's not really a variagated yarn, it's got 4 plys that are each a different color, which creates a neat effect. Of course, the swatch is posing with my new Sheepie Apron, which was an awesome gift for Christmas in July. Thanks again to the elf that gifted me! This present made my month. I absolutely love Donna's Sheepie graphic. Anyone else?

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna Hulka said...

Aw, thank you, Megan!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Jewels said...

I adore that sheepie - he's what made me want to start collecting sheepies.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do too! Also, I think your writing style is great. I'm glad your swatch turned out so well...can't wait to see what the finished product looks like. :)

And I know your writing class will go fantastically.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home