Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I Can Never Come Up With a Catchy Title

I've spent the last week doing a little bit of knitting and crocheting, and relaxing. Of course, since I spent the whole weekend relaxing, I just want to keep on relaxing through to next weekend. I don't really get to, though.

Since last Wednesday, I've finished the sleeves of my first knit baby sweater. I haven't blocked it or seamed it yet, but that's okay. I started the back of a more reasonably sized baby sweater (the first one, a cardigan, might fit a toddler, and it's really not bigger than the pattern says, the pattern is just rather vague) so that my sis might have a handknit sweater to dress the darling child in this year. Of course, I've got my eyes on a lovely dressy sweater that I'd like to make to be worn around Christmas, but we'll see if the child ever gets that.

In other news, I've restarted the baby afghan and refrogged it, too. Now I'm at square one, and a blankie's got to be ready by Friday, as that's when I'm heading out to see the new baby, who is scheduled (yes, I said scheduled...) to be born on Thursday. Of course, I work 10:30-6 on Friday, and then I have to drive 4.5 hours to see Sis, so I've got to get the blankie done well before Friday (by this, of course, I mean during the wee hours of Friday morning, when I'm cursing myself for not getting it done sooner).

I still haven't actually finished anything, but that's life. I made some nice knit swatches in KnitPicks Andean Silk, which is undoubtedly my favorite yarn ever. And I really mean that. I have a cardigan I'm planning on making for my dear roommate out of this yarn, and I'd like to make something for myself out of it, too. If this yarn is ever discontinued, I think I'll just cry... all the more reason to buy as much as I can get my greedy little hands on now, right?

My roommate, Heather, dyed yarn for the first time this week; she turned some wool green and some purple. I'm planning on felting her a Bible case with it, for her journey to seminary. Of course, as she knows how many things I actually finish in a reasonable amount of time, I'm sure she'll be happy to get it at any time before she graduates four years from now. I really do intend to have it done soon, but prior to that, I've got to finish one of the felted Pike's Place Market Bags that I continually talk about working on. Do I really work on it, though? Not so much. I do need to have it done in early August, though, to give to my coworker. Then I can finally get to business finishing the sweaters, the pencil bags, the Bible cover, and maybe, just maybe, something for myself.

Last year I gave out lots of crocheted stuff for Christmas, and that was the plan again this year, but I just don't know. I don't think I'll have that much time, you know? I'd like to make an afghan for my Daddy, and if those Market Bags work up quickly, I'd like to make some for various other people I know, and I desperately want to make a fabric bowl for someone I know, as it would be the perfect gift, and I'd like to maybe knit some stocking caps for my stepdad. I've got a shawl in mind for Mom, but I already know it'll take forever, and I also know that I don't have forever to work.

As a non-crochet side note, I've got an Apple iBook, and I love it more than any person should love a computer. Heather finally decided to take the plunge and ordered one a couple of weeks ago, but due to some glitches it didn't actually get delivered until yesterday. In other news that is clearly related, yesterday Apple unveiled the improved, much faster, free Bluetooth, bigger hard drive, more included memory, same old price iBook. Isn't that a bummer? Well, Murphy's Law and all that.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a nice end of July, and hopefully I'll be back soon with pictures of what I've finished.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, please leave pictures; it's fun to see what you've been working on! And it's nice of you to want to make so many things for other people--you have a very generous heart.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new look of your page!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home