Monday, August 15, 2005

Woo-hoo!

Wow! So, I took Deneen's advice and submitted the ripple afghan I designed to the 2001 Crochet Pattern-a-Day Calendar. I heard back from Annie Modesitt that she would like to put the pattern in the calendar! I'm really excited, since I've never published anything before. Now to celebrate by, um, going to bed. I just wanted to post first, but the internet has been, well, spotty around here. I love having free wireless in my apartment; I don't love when my building's transmitter is down and I have to pick up from the next building over.

At least the waiting lets me work on my Minesweeper record times; my goal is to beat J.K. Rowling's best time. I'm handicapped, however, by the fact that I've only got a one-button mouse and have to flag mines by using the "ctrl" key. I've seriously considered investing in a two button mouse only to improve my score, as it's above 200 seconds right now for expert, and back in my Windows days I got down to the 160's. And yes, I freely admit that I'm pathetic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Congrats! I know it's not like getting paid for a pattern, but it is a thrill getting published in something that is national! Woo-hoo!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad your pattern is going to get some well-deserved recognition! And you're not pathetic. I love my Mac, but I still can't ever play Minesweeper on it. You'll get the hang of it. :)

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let the lurking begin! Just poppin in to take a look at whats going on in your world. I plan on putting your package together tonight and shipping it tomorrow before the weekend. Have a good day!

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Francis said...

Awesome blog you hhave here

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home