Friday, July 29, 2005

Done with my slump?

Dare I say it? Yes, I really do think my slump is over. I finished the blanket last night, and I'm actually excited to start and finish my next project! While I have plenty of WIPs, I'm going to start a Pike Place Market Bag in some bright red wool for a co-worker of mine. And to celebrate my most recent FO, I ordered more yarn last night! I really just wanted this cabled hat pattern so that I could make the plain white one for my stepdad for Christmas, but I didn't want to pay $3 shipping for a $2 pattern, so I added my first set of Addi Turbo knitting needles and a bunch of yarn until, um, I qualified for free shipping.

I'm planning a knit cardigan in Knit Picks' Andean Silk, and it's going to be striped, so I got some of the Sunset colorway to see if I like it, and then I got some of the new Gossamer yarn. I think it was just released last week, and while I've never done anything with lace weight yarn, it's absolutely gorgeous, so I got some. I'm thinking about making a shawl for myself out of it, although I don't know for sure what I'll do. We'll see what I decide when I see the yarn....

I'm heading out to visit my sis and her new baby girl after work today, so hopefully I'll be able to post later this weekend or Monday about progress on the bag!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home