Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Back from Vacation

Got back from vacation last night; I went to Mt. Olympus, a waterpark in the Wisconsin Dells and then I saw Shakespeare's "The Merry Wives of Windsor" outdoors in Spring Green, WI. It was a lot of fun, and the weather was nice and warm. In the car, I worked on some, uh, stuff, for my Secret Pal. What fun!

Today my roommate and best friend in the world, Heather, moved to Kentucky. It's doubly weird because it's not like it was just my roommate moving out, and it's not just my best friend moving, it's both at the same time, and I've never lived alone before. As a treat to myself, I preordered Wrap Style. I really like the capelet on the cover, although I know I'll never be able to knit something that complicated. If the insides are as good as the cover, I'll be happy, even if it's only ever inspiration. The review at CrochetMe mentioned a sort of "designer's notebook" section at the end, and I've been really tempted to try my hand at shawls and capelets and the like lately. I hope this book lives up to my expectations (don't worry, I'm sure it will).

Speaking of designing my own shawls/capelets/etc., there are NEW YARNS at KnitPicks, and I'm dying to use them, but I don't know what to do. I'll find something, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've ordered something that will be both interesting and challenging (and also fun)! I miss you very much. You should move to Kentucky too!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please?

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home