Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Adamas Shawl Progress

Finished up another test this morning [in 72 hours: 3 exams, 37 pages written]; only one left. Of course, it's probably the one I'm least prepared for, so at least part of this day off, I'll be studying syntax.

But not all day, because I want to keep working on my Adamas Shawl. Here's the progress:

Adamas in Progress

I was very excited to get to take the picture in natural light; all semester I was out of my apartment during daylight hours, but this spring I've got two afternoons a week without a thing to do. Well, I'm sure I'm supposed to be studying and grading things and whatnot, but, well, it sounds more like prime knitting time to me!

Anyway, I'm working this up in Knit Picks Shadow in Vineyard. It's a gorgeous deep heathered purple. I'm on the fourth pattern repeat of fourteen, but that only puts me at 10% done. Hopefully I can make some good progress today.

In other news, while taking breaks from my exams to, well, um, read knit blogs, I stumbled across Birch. Gorgeous! If I hadn't already ordered a Thrummed Moebius Kit after seeing the Harlot's post. And a set of Denise Interchangeable Needles. That one was a late Christmas present, though. But still, I'll have to wait and clear up a few projects before I seriously consider getting my hands on that pattern book.

Like the shawl in progress, which reminds me... I have knitting to do!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Beautiful! The first rows of a shawl are always so rewarding because they work up so fast...I love that.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

YAY! Your Adamas is beautiful! If you've got any feedback on the pattern, I'd love to hear it :)

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home