Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Progressing Nicely

I'm back from my long weekend of relaxation, and, well, I kind of feel relaxed. I did have a lovely weekend; lots and lots of knitting with a couple of hours set aside to grade papers and calculate final grades.

I recall saying (typing?) that I would finish a scarf, a felted bag, and some wristwarmers. Well, I shuffled the schedule again, and made a pair of mittens for Sissy-poo and that felted bag for my stepmom. I'm putting that scarf on hold until next week ('cause it's not an urgent gift), and the wristwarmers have been shifted to January birthday gift. Where does that leave me? Three or four pairs of mittens left. For the first pair, I used Lamb's Pride Bulky, and all of the mittens will be made with Kate Gilbert's Gifted pattern. Here's an action shot (it's a bit snug on my hand, but my sister has very slender hands, so they should have just the right amount of ease).

Green Gifted Mittens

I've got enought LP Bulky for another set of mittens, and the remaining mittens will be made with Knit PIcks Sierra, a bulky merino/alpaca blend. A glimpse of the wonderful colors is shown below, filling up this French Market Bag. I substituted Cascade Quatro and 220, and it worked wonderfully. It did take most of four days' knitting time, but it was neat to see how the pattern worked up, and how nicely the yarn felted.

Cascade French Market Bag

Good luck to all of you holiday knitters, working furiously until the "deadline!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I've always wanted to try the French Market Bag. How well does the design work for carrying things in it? Is it too floppy? I've often wondered.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Anny said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm glad I'm not the only one shifting gifts around these days! Good luck with the mittens...just a few days left. Yikes! BTW, I love the colors you've selected for the mitts...very cheery ;0)

1:42 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

That bag is awesome!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home