Friday, December 16, 2005

Relief

Ahhhh, I'm done with my finals. Yesterday was a challenge: my last paper was due at 8pm, and I didn't figure out what I was going to write about until, um, well, 2:30. And the only thing graded for the class is, um, this paper. And you see, I really had thought about it beforehand, but I was having problems with the topic I'd chosen, so I made a last minute switch. Also, I was done at 6:30. And this is why I procrastinate... it's worked for the last, oh, my whole life, so why change now?

Also, I finished up a Christmas Hat for The Preemie Project last night. Now I'm all ready for my weeklong post-finals nap. Wait, no, I don't have time. I still have to grade a bunch of final papers, and knit. Fortunately, I get to travel to Heather's family's house for a long weekend, and that will be relaxing. Her little sis is dancing in the Nutcracker as usual, and we've got tickets for tomorrow's show. Once I get off work, I have to go home and pack up some clothes and lots of yarn.

In the next few days, I will finish one scarf, a felted bag (I've decided to go with this pattern so that I don't have to worry about figuring out a design), and some wristwarmers. I'd also like to work on Mom's scarf, but we'll see. If I get all of that done, it only leaves mittens on the list for Christmas, and I can't start those unless the mailman delivers my Knit Picks yarn before I skip town (or if I stop by the LYS on my way out... it's almost on the way). Now that I think about it, if I get some yarn on the way out of town, I'd have enough in the KP shipment to make Mom a scarf and mitten set, for her birthday in January.

Well, then, that's a sudden change of plans, but it worked for me yesterday, so I'm sure it'll work today. You'll all find out next week ('cause seriously, I'm sleeping a lot this weekend).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! You are one busy girl. as usual, right?! I hope to see you on Tuesday. Glad to hear that your finals are over and you survived. =0)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Just catching up as my computer was out of commission for a time.

Congratulations on your new teaching assignment. They must have been pleased with your perfomance this semester. Keep up the good work.

Love the way the scarf turned out! I may have to try that one.

I had to laugh when I read about your last minute paper. You sound exactly like my daughter, the queen of procrastination. It's always worked for her too. I guess some of us do our best work under pressure.

Enjoy your break from school. You've earned it.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home