Friday, December 30, 2005

Wrapping Up

Well, Christmas is over, and the gifts were a hit. My stepmom absolutely loved her bag, and all of the mittens were appreciated, too. Even my stepdad was excited about them, and he doesn't necessarily like the things I make. He leaves Monday for a month in Wisconsin, though, and so he was happy to get some super warm mittens he can wear. I even made them black, so that he couldn't complain that they were too bright.

Tim's Mittens

Go Hawks! I used the pattern Gifted and Knit PIcks Sierra. I used the same for Daddy's mittens, although he got bright green.

Daddy's Mitten

I think he likes them; when we were heading to Grandma's on Christmas Eve, he started putting on some ski gloves, and I gently reminded him that he had new green mittens, so he put them on and wore them every time I saw him after that.

I've still got to work on Mom's hooded scarf/mitten set, but I got her The Chronicles of Narnia, so she wasn't left out or anything. Mom didn't used to read a lot, but now that my stepdad travels a lot for work (he's a construction worker), she has a lot more time alone, and has read just about anything I've left with her. I even got her to read Jane Austen last year! I think for her birthday, I'm going to get her a set of the Lord of the Rings.

I got a lot of very nice presents, including the first two seasons of Pete & Pete on DVD. Danny Tamberelli, one of the stars, complimented a scarf I made my sister. It's a long story, but the short version is that when my sister was studying in Florence, Italy, she was at a friend's apartment, and that friend's roommate's boyfriend was there, and it happened to be this actor. Erin didn't get to talk to him, because they were trying to keep it all on the down low, but she accidentally left a scarf I crocheted for her in the living room. When she went in to get it, he complimented it, and of course she had to call me. It totally blew my story for that day out of the water; I had only bumped into Roberto Benigni that day at the airport in Rome.

Sorry if this is all scattered; I've got a cold, and I'm starting to get confused. Anyway, I'll be out this weekend, but I'll want to procrastinate next week, so I should post a list of what I want to get done in 2006. I've decided it'll be the year that I finally start making big stuff for myself. Of course, I'll still be making lots for other people, and for The Preemie Project. Starting my selfish knitting trend, though, here's my Panta in progress.

Panta in Progress

I hope you all have a great weekend, and have fun ringing in the new year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

It's fun to see your Christmas knitting in action. Feel better soon.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those mittens are really nice. What a great gift idea. I'll have to remember that pattern. Looks like your family really loved them too!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home