Sunday, July 10, 2005

What's Happening?

Well, what's happening. I've unfortunately been ignoring my crochet for the last week or so; I've got to finish a baby blanket for my sister and lots of felted totes, but the felted bags won't begin until I get my much-anticipated ball winder! After that, there'll be no stopping me, but for now, lots of hanks that are unpleasant to work with. I also need to get myself into gear with that blanket, or I need to start it over (which will probably end up happening).

In other news, teaching myself to knit has been going well. I've progressed from square making to my first almost-FO (an iPod cozy awaiting some coordinating I-Cord) to a more than half done baby sweater! It's a cardigan out of Knitting for Two by Erika Knight, and I've got the back, the two front pieces, and half of one sleeve done already (of course, it's in chunky yarn, which helps). When it's done, I'm hoping to make another (much smaller) baby sweater that can be used in the months after the baby's birth and before this cardigan will fit....

And in even more news, my roommate has just finished up her first baby sweater and is starting her very first hat! She's only made afghans before, so this shaping stuff is new to her. I'll put up some pics sometime.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing how your baby blanket turns out!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home