Friday, July 01, 2005

Relaxing Holiday Weekend

Woo hoo! It's time for a relaxing holiday weekend! We'll see how relaxing it is, but my goal is to get some quality yarn time in. Let's see... I've been working on some dishcloths for a charity project, and started a shawl for my roommate that is now on hold for the forseeable future. I keep thinking I should work on the sweater I'm crocheting myself, but I just can't force it right now. I've got to work on my sister's baby blanket.... What else is there? I hate when I know I'm forgetting something. Oh, well.

I've been wanting to enter an afghan in the State Fair here, but as luck would have it, I remembered that I had to send in the entry form at 5:45 tonight, and it had to be postmarked by July 1, which is today, so I'm out of luck. Or maybe it's off the hook? I hadn't actually started anything for the fair, so now I don't have to worry about that.

In addition to the yarn from the swap, my stash has grown even more lately! I got three balls of thread from Jackie at Crochetville. I also got a couple of balls that were part of a shipment of yarn that I'm sending out as my part of the Sea of Yarn Swap, so no more on that till my partner's gotten her package.

I do have a big upcoming project, though... one of my co-workers requested a Pike Place Market Bag, so I'm going to order some lovely Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks, which has fantastic yarn for little green.

The major project I'm hoping to undertake this weekend is buying Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool, dyeing it with some Kool-Aid, and turning it into a Market Bag of my own. Of course, I've never 1) dyed yarn or b) felted anything, so we'll see how it goes. I'll take photos along the way....

Of course, I've got to do the dishes before I can dye wool, as I don't have any counter space until the dishes are clean. And I don't know if the washer in my apartment building will give me the control I need for felting, so I might have to check out some laundromats. Of course, before any of this can happen, I've got plans to go to the Jazz Festival that's downtown this weekend. Don't worry, though. I'll make sure there's time for yarn shopping.

And now, I'm going to relax and watch The Dog Whisperer on National Geographic Channel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home