Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring?

It's the first day of spring, and in Iowa, that means snow? Check out Libby's post for some lovely shots of our spring snow. I figured, though, since winter's officially over, I might as well start knitting myself a stocking cap. If I finish tonight, it'll probably be cold enough tomorrow morning to wear it. Wanna see the progress?

Manos Hat in Progress

I'm using some Manos del Uruguay wool that I picked up at Beads and Beyond when we had the knit in for The Preemie Project there. The green is an interesting color; if forced to describe it, I might call it an acid olive green (it's number 68). Unfortunately, it doesn't photograph well. However, I'm liking the stripes.

Speaking of that knit-out thing, I sewed my second bag weeks ago to donate as a raffle prize. It's big enough, and zipper/velcro free enough to be a knitting bag.

Knitting Bag

And as a bonus, I made a little notions bag. Here's an interior shot.

Interior of Knitting Bag

Other volunteers stepped up and filled this bag with yarn and notions. I don't know who won it, but I hope they like it!

And last but not least, the first day of spring means the one year blogiversary of Wool Windings. Tracy is not only an inspirational blogger, she's a prolific charity knitter and a wonderful woman. Happy blogiversary!

3 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I was sitting so far across the table from you last night that I didn't get a chance to tell you that your hat looks really great and your shawl is amazing. Even prettier in person than online. Love it. I'm contemplating ordering the pattern and yarn myself.
Knitting a hat at the end of the season is a sure fire way to make spring appear... But unfortunately, I think you'll have quite a few more mornings that will be cold enough to wear it.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

You did a fabulous job on the bag! I would have been thrilled to win it. Wish I could have been there to share in all the fun (work?).

Great hat too! I want to make something with that yarn. I've admired it for a while at my LYS.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Jamie C. said...

Megan - I won the bag and I am totally THRILLED! I am using to it keep all my "special stash" yarn. Thanks again!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home