Saturday, February 25, 2006

Hello Kitty is not Hokey

I got a package from my Secret Pal yesterday with a Hello Kitty note and the question, "Is Hello Kitty Hokey?" I would say no; how about you?

Anyway, it was a great package. Check out the beautiful handpainted yarn!

Secret Pal Package 2

There are also some squishy grey wristwarmers and a bowl full of Smarties! I love Smarties :) There are also some neon hair clips in there, which are perfect for holding back my hair, which isn't long enough to pull back, but is long enough to annoy me by falling in my face.

What else have I been up to? Well, I shifted my Olympic knitting to working more on my Adamas Shawl. Of course, I won't finish because I don't have a swift, and I've got to wind another hank. I did, however, finish up through the 12th of 14 pattern repeats, so I don't have too much left. Just a couple more days of work. (I gave up on the socks; it felt like the gauge was too tight for the yarn, and I just didn't like it.)

More Adamas

Speaking of Adamas, you've got to check out the designer, Miriam's new shawl. It's gorgeous, and while I've never done a knitted-on edge, this makes me want to try. Especially because this pattern was so well written, you know?

Also in that picture, you can see a corner of my new handbag, made with my new Sewing Machine. I went with a Sears Kenmore, as recommended by Consumer Reports via Lori who knits with us on Tuesdays.

Now I'm working on a knitting bag for the raffle at The Preemie Project's big Knit and Crochet Out next Saturday. Here's hoping it comes out looking good, right?

If I can get that yarn wound, I hope to be able to show you a finished shawl soon! Of course, I've got three midterms to take and two to give in the next couple of weeks, so I make no guarantees on a time frame.... I hope you all have a great weekend, and happy end of the Olympics to all of the Olympic knitters out there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Miriam said...

Thanks for the link and the love ;) I really want to be working on the Mtn. Peaks pattern for the shawl NOW, but I don't have the right software and templates anywhere but my work computer. And there's no way in hell I'm going up to work on the weekend! :)

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Adamas shawl is looking mighty lovely. And the Mountain Peaks Shawl is also wonderful. My head is filled with ideas now, and knitting on the edge is deceptively simple. You can do it. Anyway, I'm very glad you like the stuff and I promise I will find something worth knitting out of that stuff.
-Your SP

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home