Thursday, February 02, 2006

Yay Secret Pal!

The first package from my secret pal arrived on Sunday! It was very very exciting. Wanna see a picture?

Secret Pal Gifties

On the left, we have lots of squishy wool from Knit Picks; there's some Palette for socks, and some Wool of the Andes. There's also some very pretty green hand-dyed wool. I've never been able to get a color that depth when hand-dying; color me impressed! On the right is an Erika Knight knitting book, Simple Knits with a Twist. It has some awesome projects in it, and is all about knitting with lots of different materials. And in the middle? Some funky bath confetti, citrusy face lotion, and some really awesome rose salve, which is almost exactly what I had imagined Turkish delight would be like (scroll down here to find some good Turkish delight links via notmartha). Plus, it made the ridiculously dry skin on my lips nice and soft! There's also a manicure set in a little pouch with the letters SP printed on it, which will probably become a little notions bag that I'll always be able to remember the origins of. There's also a little monogrammed notepad, which is moving onto my desk tomorrow. I'm always on the lookout for desk things.

Not pictured is some sugar, as I've already eaten it :D

What else is going on? I finished my sock....

Completed Sock

And I started the other, but I haven't documented it yet. I've also been working on stuff for my own secret pal, so you won't get to see that for awhile. And other than that, I've been teaching and doing homework and running errands and whatnot.

I also found it: the pattern I'll be using for the Knitting Olympics. It's the River Rapids Socks pattern by Sockbug. I can't use my Claudia Handpainted sock yarn, so I'll be using up some Merino Style from my stash. How exciting! Stash yarn!

Anyway, that's all the news there is, so I'll post more when there's something new.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Great stuff from your secret pal. I especially love the book.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home