Sunday, March 19, 2006

Two FOs!

Yeah, pictures of two finished objects! I'm excited. First off, here's my finished Shedir, with the remaining Rowan Calmer.

Shedir Cabled Hat

Yeah, that's, like, a third of the ball left. I knit this on US 3 Addi Turbos, and used US 3 Balene II dpn's. I didn't like the Balenes. I used the specified yarn, too, but I don't remember what color it is right now. I thought I might not have enough yarn (I only got one ball), so I eliminated two rounds of ribbing at the beginning. One to save yarn, and the other because I do a long tail cast on whenever possible. Unfortunately, there are decorative eyelets around the bottom because my m1-purls aren't up to snuff. I left them, though, 'cause I didn't know if I would get gauge, and figured I would end up ripping my first attempt out. Now I know not to assume such things. Here's the top of the hat, which I like very much.

Top of Shedir

And in even more exciting news, my apartment smells like wet wool! Adamas is blocking!

Blocking Adamas

I finished the knitting last Tuesday, but Heather's dorm room wasn't big enough to block it, and I didn't have pins. I blocked it using some 67 cent craft wires I picked up in the fake flower section of Wal-Mart. And pins. Pinned out, it measures 84" long across the top and 37" from neck to point, but it'll probably get a little smaller when I pull it off tomorrow.

This was a fun shawl to knit, and the pattern was very well written. Thanks, Miriam!. I can definitely see myself knitting this again, especially because the finished product is so lovely.

And in response to my secret pal, I LOVE LACE! I'm done yelling from the rooftops now :) I will say, though, that lace is probably my favorite thing to knit. Although preemie hats for the Preemie Project are up there with it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

Wow, Megan. Both your Shedir and the shawl are incredibly gorgeous. Megan Crochets is turning into quite the knitter. You've got me really tempted to make that shawl now!!! But I have to stick to stash for now, since I'll be moving soon. Anyway, great job!!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I came for the shawl but the shedir looks good too! I love the colors.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Anny said...

Hey great job on both of these. They turned out lovely (and don't worry too much about the 'eyelets' ... they really do look intended ;0)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Your shawl is fantastic! And the eyelet holes on the hat are an interesting feature that I thought was intended.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat is adorable and your shawl is beautiful! I'm knitting Miriam's Seraphim right now, and indeed she does a great job writing the patterns!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home