Friday, September 08, 2006

What I've Been Up To

So, I've been able to get a lot of knitting done in the last month, since I still don't have a job :) I tell ya, it's good for something....

I promised photos of Birch, so I made Heather pose for one....

Birch, Done

I love this shawl; I love the modern, geometric lines of the pattern, and the yarn (Zephyr) was awesome, although, of course, the color bled when I washed it.

And here's a photo with more detail of Birch, as well as two of my current WIPs.

Current Works

I'm working on Eunny Jang's Print O' the Wave Stole in blue Zephyr (I told you the yarn is great). I had to alter the pattern a little bit, though, because I don't want to run out of yarn, as I don't have a giant cone of this one.... The other blue thing in there is a raglan cardigan I'm knitting as a present, from the free pattern at cosmicpluto knits!

And last, but not least, a pair of little socklets I made for Heather's cold, cold feet.

Socklets

I used Artyarns Supermerino for these, so they're super thick and cozy for around-the-apartment wear. It was really nice yarn, and it was fun to figure out how I wanted to make the socklets.

So, the knitting's been fun. And, since I finally got the internet hooked up, I've been able to catch up on all of my blog reading :) What fun! But now, I'm off to do more knitting, and to watch cable, since we've got that now, too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pearls Mother said...

Welcome back to the real world!
I love the socks.
Lindy

7:12 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Birch is beautiful! So sheer.

Love the socklets too.

A job will come. Until then, knit on.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home