Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Everybody, everybody!

I had a nice holiday weekend; I went out of town and forgot that I had a cell phone/email and just relaxed. And knit!

I taught Heather's little sister how to knit this weekend, and also got a big chunk of mitten worked on. And I finished Ainsley's cardigan!

Ainsley's Cardigan

This is the first sweater-type thing I've actually finished, and it was a lot of fun. I used a little over two skeins of Cascade Sierra in color number 19, and size 7 Denise circulars/size 7 Clover DPNs. And, of course, this pattern.

I still have to block it and, you know, make sure it fits. My gauge was about half a stitch to big, but I think it'll be fine, as babies grow pretty quickly. I'm slightly concerned that the hood might not fit as long as the rest of the cardigan will, because my niece has a really big head for her age, but that's okay.

I hope you all had a great Fourth! I'm off to work on Birch now, after seeing some photos of a gorgeous one over at Sweet Georgia this morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Too big is better than too small when it comes to little ones. It would be a shame if she could only wear it for a little while. It's beautiful! Great job!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

It's gorgeous, Megan! I love the color, too. Tracy's right, too big is fine with babies.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Roggey said...

Great color! And babies grow so quickly, so the baby will fit the sweater in no time =)

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home