Friday, September 15, 2006

Clearly a Knitter

So, my Lace Swap partner over at Crafty Bean got her package from me the other day, which is exciting. Obviously, people like to tuck fun extras into their packages, and mine was a big knitting needle magnet I found at my favorite LYS, Sophie's Fine Yarn Shoppe. It's a great way to show everyone that you're clearly a knitter, as you can see below.

Clearly a Knitter

I also, you know, like that it's pink.

In other news, here's a picture of what I got from my swap partner, Lindy. I love the color of the Karabella Lace Mohair, and there's some gorgeous brown alpaca in there, too.

Lace Swap

Of course, there were also goodies like tea, chocolate, knitting and cooking magazines, a magnet, pens, and I could go on. And a couple of great Karabella patterns that should be lots of fun to knit!

And because I have no exciting knitting progress to show you (note that I don't say there wasn't any, just that it wasn't exciting), I'll distract you all with pumpkins! Tracy knit and felted some awesome pumpkins earlier this week, and posted a pattern for the mini ones. I think they'd be an awesome centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner, and Tracy also suggested using them as pincushions, and filling the stem with sand to keep your pins sharp. What a great idea! Any of you who knit for the Preemie Project will no doubt already know exactly how creative Tracy is, but if you haven't stumbled across her blog yet, check it out. There's always something totally inspirational there!

Happy knitting, and I'll be back soon. I checked out some awesome and some so-so books from the library, and of course I've got to tell you all about them. Also, the Knitter's Review newsletter reminded me that I've got to start working on Christmas presents, so I've got an overly ambitious to do list in the works. And I can't wait to see what everyone else is cooking up, too!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pearls Mother said...

The magnet is gorgeous!
The brown alpaca was my stash busting contribution,
I'm trying to send all of my swap pals something from my stash.
I thought the alpaca would be fabulous for a scarf or hat or wharever you like.
The Karabella lace mohair is an amazing yarn, I have it in hot pink, i thought that the blue would be perfect for you.
It was a fabulous swap, I've loved seeing what everyone sent and received.
Lindy

2:21 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Great gifts from your swap pal. I know you'll make something wonderful.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping to make more pumpkins later today.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Tonni said...

Wonderful lace package! I need one of those magnets... i've never seen them at our LYS. Love the pumpkins!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home