Friday, May 06, 2005

Afghan Update

I finished up the afghan and, well, semi-finished the shawl earlier this week. I decided that it was taking waaaaay to long to crochet the shawl (which is beautiful, by the way), so I modified the pattern and made it more of a trapezoidal wrap with no fringe. I've got pictures, and I'll post them when I get the chance.

My dad got them yesterday and mentioned to my mom that he thought they were really beautiful. I thought that was really sweet, since Dad's not the most complimentary guy. Also, the afghan was originally intended to go to my sister, who is expecting; well, Dad decided that he likes it so much that he's going to bid on it at the auction to give to Erin, to whom it was originally intended to go! I told him I could easily make another, especially since I overestimated the amount of yarn I would need for it and still have enough left over for another baby afghan, but I think he wants to bid on it anyway.

Have I mentioned yet that I'm not very good at figuring out how much yarn I will need?

Also this week I've been working on some pencil bags (now that the semester is over I really need one, right?). They're bright colors of Lion Brand Microspun, and I like them so far. If they bags work out, I'll post some pictures.

Thanks go to everyone at Crochetville for making me feel so welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home