Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Photos of Charity Items

Woo hoo, I finally got some pictures to put up here! First up is a shot of the lapghan I made for a charity auction....

Erin's Afghan

The afghan is lying on a double sized bed, for perspective and all that. My dad ended up winning it at the auction, and he plans to give it to my sister, for whom it was originally intended anyway.

Also, here is the shawl I adapted from a Stitch Diva pattern:

Celebrity Wrap

I don't know who got that one at the auction, but Daddy said they were both taken.

I'm really glad I got to donate some stuff; I was super busy when I was working on them, but it was really nice to be able to contribute. Daddy said he thinks they got about $18,000 total for Jerry; in addition to the auction, there was a dinner, a bowling tournament, and a golf tournament. That money will obviously help out a lot with all of Jerry's medical bills and travel expenses.

In other news, it's finals week, and this is about the only break I get until Thursday. Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your work is beautiful, and it was very kind of you to make such nice things on such short notice! I'm glad your dad was able to buy the lapghan, and I think your sister will like it very much. :)

12:52 AM  
Blogger c-mama said...

I love that blanket. It is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Great job.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

beautiful! soo wonderful of you to give your time and talents. i'm sure they both brought in the big bucks at auction! $$$

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home